Lock mode is useful when you want to temporarily leave PC while leaving the current windows screen, without performing the logout and shutdown. By setting to require password input when unlocking this, it is possible to protect from Windows use by an unauthorized third party.
▼ As below, there are usually two types of account setting mode, usually 2Lock and Sign out. When locking the PC, the default lock screen is displayed, and you must sign-in to log-in again.
Here is a brief overview of how to hide this Lock” mode and display only the Sign out mode.
▼ On the control panel, click 1Power Options below.
After Windows 10 Creators Update(version 1703), Control panel item disappeared from the right click menu of. You can check how to start the control panel from the following link.
▼ Click 1Choose what the power buttons to on the left.
▼ Next, click 1Change settings that are currently unavailable.
▼ In the Shutdown Settings section below, 1uncheck Lock and click the 2button. Settings are finished.
Check the result
▼ When clicking the 1> 2 Account icon, you can see that the “Lock” disappears as shown below.
- How to disable Windows automatic update using Registry Editor and Services12 Windows 10 downloads and installs the update automatically for Windows work such as important… Read More »
- How to prevent Windows Update from automatically updating at any time12 In Windows 10, Windows download and install software updates automatically for Windows work such… Read More »
- How to exclude specific file type from Index SearchYou can use the search tool to find what you need in a large number… Read More »
- Customize Taskbar settings ~ Display or hide Cortana and Quick LaunchYou can customize icons displayed on the Taskbar for easy use. In the taskbar, the… Read More »
- How To Clear File Explorer Address bar History in Windows 10It is troublesome to get to long path in Windows 10 File Explorer, and it… Read More »